Total Joint and Partial Knee Replacement Specialist
Mark A. Peterson, M.D., is an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of joint-related, knee, shoulder, and sports-related injuries and conditions. He joined Shady Grove Orthopaedics in 1999.
After completing his bachelor of science at the University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, Dr. Peterson earned his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. He then completed his Orthopedic Residency at the Campbell Clinic, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, in Memphis, Tennessee.
Dr. Peterson is board-certified in orthopedic surgery with an additional board certification in sports medicine by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Peterson enjoys coaching youth sports, gardening, fitness training, skiing, long distance running, and playing racquet sports.
- University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- General Surgery, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
- The Campbell Clinic, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification, Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Chief of Surgery, Shady Grove Hospital, 2008-2009
- Member, Shady Grove Adventist Governing Board, 2008-2013
- ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (ACI)
- Cartilage Preservation/Regeneration
- Compartment Syndrome
- Computer Assisted Total Joint Replacement
- Meniscal Surgery
- Osteochondral Autograft Transplantation (OATS)
- Osteochondrititis Desicans
- Patella Instability
- PRP Therapy
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Shoulder Stabilization
- Sports Medicine
- Total Knee Replacement
- Unicompartmental Knee Replacement
Phone: (301) 340-9200
Office: Rockville & Germantown